Pitcher Perfect delivers
- Further development of the elements of the story/project idea
- Identification of the key components that contribute to a good pitch: the introduction, cut line, logline, synopsis, the heart, the package of pluses, the close
- Reinforcement of personal communications skills to strengthen the in-person pitch
- Identification of achievable goals for each kind of meeting
- Expertise on how to adapt the pitch to a conversational one-on-one, a chance meeting, a pitch forum presentation
- Skills to research your audience before the meeting
- Improvement of storytelling skills: clarity, structure, economy, vision
- Skills to hook the listener, effectively conveying the essence of the story and what credentials to highlight
- The essentials required for a pitch ‘one-sheet’
- Follow-up steps and ‘aftercare’
- Greater opportunities for finding a good fit for the project, successfully targeting the pitch to the right person at the right place, at the right time
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS!
Individual one-hour consultations with Jan Miller.
Public pitches with industry resources.
Combining creativity with
Jan’s Proven Workflow
STEP ONE: POWER OF THE PITCH
Jan breaks down the emotional and messaging requirements for a pitch, the scenarios in which pitches occur, and what you must do to ensure you never miss an opportunity to give your perfect pitch.
STEP TWO: PREPARATION & RESEARCH
Jan offers direction and feedback on how and why to research your potential partner.
STEP THREE: THE PITCH
Jan deconstructs the content, asking tough questions to ensure that the key elements of the project are fully realized before pulling together the pitch format.
STEP FOUR: THE MEETING
Jan highlights and reinforces your “package of pluses” so that you can confidently present what you uniquely bring to the table.
In Jan’s workshop, you will:
Pitcher Perfect is an interactive workshop that will take you through these transformative steps:
STEP 1: GROW YOUR SKILL SET
- Further, develop the elements of the story/project idea
- Strengthen the key components that contribute to a good pitch: the introduction, cut line, logline, synopsis, the heart, the close
- Strengthen your package of pluses
- Review and rework your pitch one-sheet and pitch deck
STEP 2: TARGET YOUR AUDIENCE
- Learn how to adapt your pitch to a conversational one-on-one, a chance meeting, a pitch forum presentation
- Learn how to research your audience before the meeting
- Communicate your overarching theme
- Identify key elements of your project specifically targeted to your audience
- Improve your storytelling skills: clarity, structure, economy, vision
STEP 3: MAKE IT HAPPEN
- Strengthen your ability to hook your listener, effectively communicating the story and its overarching theme
- Target your credentials so that the audience knows what’s on the table
- Perfect the skills for follow-up
- Increase your chances of finding a good fit for your project by successfully targeting your pitch to the right person at the right place, at the right time
“Definitely include Jan Miller’s Pitcher Perfect workshop in the future. She’s terrific and was a great help in pulling together our pitch. It’s amazing how much better the pitches of the groups from the workshop got as a result of Jan’s precise and constructive criticism.”
-Rick Minnich (Hoferichter & Jacobs, Germany)
BEYOND THE SCREEN PITCH – WORKSHOP
Pitching is pitching regardless of the art form. Jan’s workshops have been adapted for Authors, Theatre Artists, and musicians in Export Ready Workshops, and presented through the East Coast Music Association. Each workshop begins with participants introducing who they are and what they bring to the table. Through feedback and discussion, and often working with an industry veteran, Jan focuses on the most effective approach for presenting one’s credentials and talents. As well, Jan also gives feedback on participants’ online materials and their social networking approach.
“Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback on my two pitches last week, and your deep dive into my site and socials. It was well beyond what I was expecting from the sessions and really gave me insight that I’ve never had before, that has already helped in just a few short days, as well as has made me more confident for my time at this year’s ECMA’s and beyond.”